ALIX.6F2: 2 LAN, 1 miniPCI, 1 miniPCI Express, 256MB RAM, LX800, USB, dual SIM socket
Replacement for the ALIX.6E1 and ALIX.6E2 board.
The ALIX system platform by PC Engines provides network OEMs a cost-effective platform for distributing value-added software, such as wireless routers and access points, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, industrial Ethernet, or other special purpose network devices.
Applications include thin clients, kiosks, industrial user interface, wireless access points, mesh networks, firewalls, etc.
Updates from ALIX.6E2 to ALIX.6F2 include:
- Enhanced resistance to injected RF energy
- Change chassis ground connections to enhance resistance to ESD / burst.
- Disconnect miniPCI express pins 30 and 32 (SMBDAT / SMBCLK).
- Reset controlled by USBEN2.
- Shift miniPCI connector to fit larger Wifi modules such as the DCMA-82
- Board ID has been changed, flash updated will look for alix5.bin
- 2 Ethernet channels, 1 mini PCI slot, 1 miniPCI Express slot, 1 serial port (console)
- Dual SIM socket
- CPU: 500 MHz AMD Geode LX800 CPU
- DRAM: 256MB DDR DRAM
- Storage: CompactFlash socket
- Size: 6" x 6" (152.4 x 152.4 mm)
- Firmware: tinyBIOS
- Operating Systems: User defined. FreeBSD, m0n0wall, pfSense, Linux, and several commercial OS are possible.
- Power:DC jack or passive Power over Ethernet (not 802.3af compliant). Acceptable voltage range +7V to +20V DC.
- User interface: Three front panel LEDs, pushbutton
- Expansion: 1 miniPCI slot, 1 miniPCI Express slot (USB only), LPC bus, dual USB port, Dual SIM sockets (switched by AC_BEEP GPIO signal)
- Connectivity: 2 Ethernet channels (Via VT6105M 10/100)
- I/O: DB9 serial port, dual USB port
What is miniPCI Express?
This is a new standard for small size radio modules, using PCI Express and USB 2.0 connectivity. On ALIX, only USB 2.0 connectivity is supported. Some manufacturers of radio modules (not tested):
Warranty and Support Information:
- Standard 30 day return policy
- One year manufacturers limited warranty
- All Specifications subject to change without notice.