Netgate FW-7535 1U: 6 LAN Network Application Platform in a 1U 19" rack
Compact pfSense firewall with dual core Intel Atom CPU and six GigE network ports
Out of stock. The updated FW-7541 1U rack mount system is available here
Fanless 1U form factor
The fanless Netgate FW-7535 1U is an environmentally friendly network platform built entirely with RoHS compliant parts and production processes. This low power platform was designed with speed, low power and flexibility in mind. It reduces electricity costs by using an embedded ultra-low voltage Intel Atom 1.66 GHz CPU with Intel ICH9M system logic and five integrated Ethernet ports designed for front-line security deployment where reliability and availability are of key concern.
The Netgate FW-7535 1U fanless network application platform ships with pfSense, allowing flexible configuration as a firewall, LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, Sniffer Appliance or other special purpose Appliance.
The Netgate FW-7535 1U ships with 2GB of memory and a 4GB SLC CF card with pfSense pre-installed.
- Ships with pfSense 2.0.1
- 19" 1U Rack Mount
- Passively cooled fanless design
- Dual core Intel Atom 1.66 GHz CPU
- 6 GbE network ports (configure as WAN or LAN)
- One Compact Flash (CF) slot
- Watchdog timer, real time clock
- Console Port
- Two USB 2.0 Ports
- One miniPCI-e slot, with SIM carrier
- 2.5" Hard Drive Bay
- Slim 40mm height
Bridging: 825 Mbps
Routing with filtering: 625 Mbps
NAT: 590 Mbps
3DES: 39 Mbps
AES 256: 52 Mbps
AES 128: 57 Mbps
Blowfish (any bit length): 61 Mbps
AES 256: 50 Mbps
AES 128: 58 Mbps
Blowfish: 76 Mbps
OpenVPN being consistently 1 Mbps faster @ AES 128, and 15 Mbps faster with Blowfish than IPsec isn't the norm, where IPsec has slightly higher top end throughput. But it's definitely accurate.
Your FW-7535 1U arrives pre-loaded with pfSense 2.0.1 software. If you prefer, reload the CF card with your own operating system (Windows XP, Linux, BSD) / software to support your application.
New: Manage your firewall from your iOS device!
pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on NanoBSD / FreeBSD that includes most all of the features of expensive, commercial firewalls. This next generation pfSense stateful firewall for embedded applications supports:
- In place upgrades. No need to disassemble your system in order to upgrade, patch or add packages to your CF.
- Multiple firmware support. Two partitions on the CF, each with their own separate pfSense install means you can test upgrades and rollbacks without impacting your production environment.
- Ports and package support. FreeBSD packages that are suitable for an embedded platform can be installed and used.
pfSense provides a software packaging system which allows for the extension of functionality beyond its extensive core feature set. Core features include:
- Stateful firewall based on OpenBSD pf
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc.
- NAT support
- Load balancing
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
- Form Factor: 1U Rack Mountable System
- Processor: Intel Atom Pineview D-510 1.6 Ghz
- Chipset: ICH8M
- System Memory: 2 GB
- OS Supported: Windows (2003, XP), Linux, BSD
- Storage: 1 HDD Bay 2.5" (commercial grade HDD only)
- Hard Drive Interface: Serial ATA x 1, Type II CF x 1
- Networking: 6 GbE ports
- Networking Chipset: Intel 82574L, Intel 82583V
- Console:RJ45 x 1
- USB: 2.0 ports x 2
- Expansion Slot: mini-PCIe x 1
- Cooling: Passive Heatsink
- Temperature, ambient operating: 0°C ~ 40°C
- Temperature, ambient storage: -20°C ~ 60°C
- Humidity (RH), ambient operating and non-operating: 5% ~ 95%, non condensing
- Internal realtime clock with Li Battery
- Physical Dimensions: 268L x 145W x 40H mm
- Weight: 3.3 lbs without HDD
- Power: 60W AC/DC power adapter
- Power Input: AC 100~240V at 50Hz~60Hz
Warranty and Support Information:
- Free support for all pfSense questions is available by free forum or mailing list only.
- Paid, professional software support subscriptions are available through the pfSense Premium Portal.
- Standard 30 day return policy.
- One year manufacturers warranty.
- All Specifications subject to change without notice.