Netgate m1n1wall 2D3/2D13 silver
The Netgate m1n1wall firewall system provides excellent protection from distrusted internet hosts, and a platform for sophisticated internal network problem solving between internal LANs. Zero moving parts means no fan noise and an extended lifetime.
The Netgate m1n1wall offers superior flexibility and performance at a competitive price point compared to other commercially available firewalls.
The Netgate m1n1wall system utilizes PC Engines ALIX 2D13 network board with 3 LAN, 1 miniPCI slot and pfSense 2.1 software which provide many of the features of expensive commercial firewalls.
- ALIX.2D13 System Board with
- 500 MHz AMD Geode LX800 CPU
- 3 10/100 Ethernet ports (VIA VT6105M 10/100)
- 1 miniPCI slot for future expansion (VPN Acceleration, wireless, etc.)
- 2 USB ports
- 256 MB DDR DRAM
- Pre-installed battery
- I2C header
- COM2 header
- internal USB header for port 3 and 4
- Laser etched silver ALIX case with Ethernet, USB and antenna cutouts
- 4 GB Industrial SLC CF Card pre-loaded with pfSense 2.1
- US Plug Style 120 VAC/DC 15V 1.25A 18W Switching Power Supply
- Assembled and tested
- Maximum throughput with filtering enabled:
- NAT - 85 Mbps
- Routing - 85 Mbps
- Bridge - 85 Mbps
- IPsec maximum throughput without and with VPN1411 accelerator:
- 3DES: 13.7 Mbps vs 34.6 Mbps
- AES: 19.4 Mbps vs 34.2 Mbps
- AES256: 13.5 Mbps vs 34.2 Mbps
The m1n1wall arrives pre-loaded with pfSense software. If you prefer, reload the CF card with your own operating system / software to support your application. Possibilities include FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, m0n0wall, OpenWRT, Voyage Linux, STYX, iMedia ALIX Linux, Fluxbuntu, fli4l, Zeroshell, Ikarus OS, Embed-it, Mikrotik RouterOS.
pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on NanoBSD / FreeBSD that includes most all of the features of expensive, commercial firewalls. This next generation pfSense stateful firewall for embedded applications supports:
- In place upgrades. No need to disassemble your system in order to upgrade, patch or add packages to your CF.
- Multiple firmware support. Two partitions on the CF, each with their own separate pfSense install means you can test upgrades and rollbacks without impacting your production environment.
- Ports and package support. FreeBSD packages that are suitable for an embedded platform can be installed and used.
pfSense provides a software packaging system which allows for the extension of functionality beyond its extensive core feature set. Core features include:
- Stateful firewall based on OpenBSD pf
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc.
- NAT support
- Load balancing
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
Appliance does not include:
Warranty and Support Information: